Head of the Department
Prof. Saikat Maity
Achieving the Engineering Graduate Attributes
• Regular students’ feedback
• Emphasizing Fundamental concepts & Practical
• Interactive Teaching-Learning
• IT Skill development• Personality & Communication skill development
• Values and Ethics
• Industry Placements
• Online video lectures
• Programming Competition
• Participation in National & International contests
• Projects, Training, Workshops, Seminars, Mock Tests
• Students’ Counseling
• Intensive Laboratory sessions on Programming, Multimedia & Graphics,
Internet Technologies, Databases, Networking, Operating Systems, Computer
Organization and Architecture etc.
• Guidance for CAT, GATE,
• Extra-curricular activities
• Photography Club
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT)
Year of establishment: 2000
B.Tech. in Information Technology (4 years)
Year of commencement: 2000
Current Intake: 60
M.Tech. in Information Technology (2 year)
Year of commencement: 2009
Current Intake: 18
To emerge as a school of education and training for development of
enlightened human resources and IT solutions by practicing disciplined
self-learning, innovative design and creative implementations through
cultivation of self-motivation and leadership qualities among its
• Impart quality education on science, technology, environment and
• Igniting the desire for higher education, self-learning through
interactive and participative teaching learning.
• Infusing discipline and value educations among the students to
discharge duty as good
• Promoting innovation and creativity through the theoretical
explanations in the class
and practical executions in the laboratories.
• Developing the students with positive attitude, leadership and
through group activities, industry interaction and extra-curricular
• Grooming the students as international solution providers to
real-life problems by
imparting the skills of management, analysis and research.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
1. Graduates of the department are expected to be enlightened human
resource with desired skill
sets to cater the requirements of the IT industries providing solutions to
2. Graduates of the department are expected to be capable of self-learning,
higher studies, innovative research, independent analysis, team work and
providing solution to complex problems.
3. Graduates of the department are expected to be ethically responsible
citizens of society and
life-long learners, who are capable of providing optimum solution to the
open real-life social and
environmental issues with their skills of management, entrepreneurship and
a. Capable of applying the fundamental knowledge of mathematics, science,
engineering and that
of information technology to solve real life technical issues.
b. Able to analyse multidisciplinary engineering problems to identify and
to develop possible
sustainable solutions through the application of acquired knowledge of
engineering/technology and research.
c. Capable of designing and developing tailor-made components/software for
customer requirements to serve different functional areas like - public
health and safety, and
cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
d. Study and analyse real-life technical problems to reach into a decisive
conclusion within the
e. Capable of handling/developing modern engineering tools judiciously to
feasible solutions to customer problems through modeling/prediction/prototype
within the available resources.
f. Adapt appropriate emotionally matured professional practices that suit
better within the
context of region specific health, safety, legal, and cultural issues to
articulate social, environmental, cultural responsibilities.
g. Decisions of design, development and adoption of engineering solutions
are predominated by
the issues of sustainable development and environmental impact.
h. Adapt professional, social, emotional and moral ethics to discharge
duties on education as well
as regional health, safety, legal, environmental, and cultural issues.
i. Work in an emotionally and culturally varied multi-disciplinary team as
leaders well as member.
j. Communicate effectively and responsibly with appropriate sense of
maturity respecting the
regional context on all issues like - health, safety, legal,
environmental, and cultural.
k. Research and acquire knowledge on recent developments and keep one-self
updated with the
state-of-the-art in IT and allied fields beyond syllabus.
l. Able to develop efficient cost-effective solutions by applying the
acquired skills of project
management and team work